Favorite Quotes

When you look at your life, the greatest happinesses
are family happinesses.
Joyce Brothers


I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me
what I have asked of Him.
I Samuel I:27



Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Change

When I decided to leave my job with Wells Fargo to be a stay at home Mom, I had all these plans and assumptions of how life would be as a stay at home Mom. It's funny how what you imagine will happen and what actually happens are on 2 opposite ends of the spectrum. I planned on cleaning the house TOP to BOTTOM - organizing everything, writing more blogs, finishing up some of my many scrapbooking projects, plus all of the many activities I had planned for Cade and I. The list was endless.

What I have learned is that I work harder now at home than I ever have during my career. By the end of the day, I am exhausted. Who knew that keeping up with a toddler would be so crazy! Day care workers are SOOOO under-paid! However, I would not go back to my desk job over this. I love being with Cade all day. I love the sleepy morning hugs he gives me! I love the jibber-jabber conversations we have. I love watching how excited he gets when he figures out how to break open the child locks on the kitchen cabinets.

So, to catch up, here are a few pictures of what Cade has been up to since our last post of August 29th.

First, we nursed Gam-Gam back to her normal fiesty self after a total hip replacement. I would LOVE to post the pictures of Mom post-op, but I fear she would never speak to me again. I will never forget going in to see her right after she had the surgery. She was soooooooo out of it. She had to have asked me a 100 times "what time is it" or "what did the doctor say"? She also had a cross between Goldie Hawn's and Angelina Jolie's lips. Too bad I do not have a picture of that!

Back to Cade...We've been supporting our UGA Bulldogs every game!


We've discovered that bath time really IS fun!


We've battled Pink Eye - TWICE!


We attended Jeff and Ashley's wedding in Lubbock, TX where Daddy was the Best Man!


We visited Great Grandma Hunter at her new home in Carrollton, TX (that's Aunt Rhonda in the pic too).


And last but not least, we went to the pumpkin patch with Aunt CeCe and Cousin Trent. We had a blast!





For Halloween, Cade is going to be a Penguin!

0 comments: