Favorite Quotes

When you look at your life, the greatest happinesses
are family happinesses.
Joyce Brothers


I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me
what I have asked of Him.
I Samuel I:27



Friday, October 31, 2008

99 Balloons

I have seen this video before, but it was shown on Oprah again on October 28th. Eliot Mooney was born with Trisomy 18 - also known as Edwards Syndrome. He lived for 99 days.

Trisomy 18: At conception, 23 chromosomes from the father and 23 chromosomes from the mother combine to create a baby with a set of 46 chromosomes in each cell. A trisomy occurs when a baby has three #18 chromosomes instead of the normal two.

This is one of the most powerful videos I have ever seen.
I wanted to share this video and also pass along Eliot's legacy.
Please click on the link below to view this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th6Njr-qkq0


GOD GIVES. GOD TAKES. GOD'S NAME BE EVER BLESSED.
JOB 1:21

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing about the wonderful spotlight shown on Trisomy 18 and children living with it's impact, by Oprah show. Some good news -- there is a scheduled update (and follow up interview with Eliot's parents) on Oprah again TODAY! We hope that our efforts to get more national attention for our cause will help serve all families affected by Trisomy 18 in the future. Come visit www.trisomy18.org/eliot for updates and to learn more about famlies like the the Mooney's!