Favorite Quotes

When you look at your life, the greatest happinesses
are family happinesses.
Joyce Brothers


I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me
what I have asked of Him.
I Samuel I:27



Friday, January 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Becker!


6 years ago, I rescued an angry, malnourished, stinky, hostile, but very cute little party colored cocker spaniel. I immediately took him to our Vet for an exam. Our Vet assumed he was around 3-4 years old - so we assumed 4. This is a picture of Becker that day at the Vet. I had trimmed the trash off his feet when he was asleep the night before. He had his 1st seizure that day in the car on the way home from the Vet. I seriously thought he was dying!

He was a stray. His teeth were worn down all the way from eating trash. Although his tail had been clipped and he was a purebred Cocker Spaniel, he was far from being anyone's ideal pet. He was a mess. You couldn't touch him on his belly or he would try and bite you. He growled at me constantly. I honestly thought he had been abused by his behavior. He had NO trust in anyone. I was determined to rehabilitate him and searched the internet for answers. He ended up having Heart Worms and went through TWO treatments to kill them all. Our Vet said when we did the 1st test after his 1st treatment and it still came back positive that he "had never had a dog have to go through it twice". It was an aweful ordeal for Becker, but he made it. Today, he is a happy and might I add plump little dog. He loves CORN ON THE COBB!
And so today, we celebrate Becker's 10th birthday!!
Happy Birthday buddy...you have been a blessing in my life and taught me what fighting for is all about.

0 comments: