Favorite Quotes

When you look at your life, the greatest happinesses
are family happinesses.
Joyce Brothers


I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me
what I have asked of Him.
I Samuel I:27



Saturday, January 24, 2009

15 minutes of pure torture...

Thursday (1/22/09) I took Cade in for his 1st professional haircut. I have trimmed him hair since he was an infant, but now I figured he needed a professional. Somewhere from infancy to toddlerhood he decided he didn't like haircuts anymore. I would grab the "kiddie" scissors out of the drawer and he would lose it at 1st glance. Then I tried to start trimming his hair when he slept, but the sound of the scissors slicing his hair would wake him up and he would freak out. I knew we were in for a "fun time" on this outing. I took him to Cool Cuts for Kids because they seem to offer a wide variety of "distractions". First, we played in their play area as we waited.
Cade seemed to be fine. No meltdowns yet. Then it was our turn. She told me to place Cade in the Red Fire Truck. He LOVED this. He thought he was king of the world. It even had a bell he could reach and make noise with!

Then came the smock. After this point, he regretted ever walking in that door. The cool bell he loved now meant nothing to him. He wanted to be anywhere but in that red Fire Truck.
I gave him his "binkie" to try and sooth him, but as you can see it did not work.

Cade then starts to look for the nearest exit...
Then we gave him the remote control and he was fine. Calm. No more tears. The remote control was what he needed. Typical male...
Here is Cade after his first haircut. What a delightful nightmare!


1 comments:

Susan and Lee said...

It is so funny that the torture pictures are the funniest. HE looks so grown up with that haircut. Jake does great during hair cuts but I don't even want to try it with Ben and he needs one the most