Favorite Quotes

When you look at your life, the greatest happinesses
are family happinesses.
Joyce Brothers


I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me
what I have asked of Him.
I Samuel I:27



Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sharing

It's understandable that kids have to share toys with other kids. I have literally watched toys being stolen during mid-play. This is what kids do. I think it teaches them how to be assertive. Hey, I want that toy so I am going to get it. Then 5 minutes later the toy is stolen back by the child who had it first. Cade doesn't start daycare until June. He has spent the 1st year with his Gamma and Gammie. One on One. He has never had to compete for a toy. They have always been ALL HIS. Then came Annie. Yes the dog. She seems to be under the impression that when we lay the mats on the floor - they are for her to play on. When we spread the toys out and the blocks all over the floor - they are for her to play with. The competition has heated up. Who would have ever thought that Cade would have to fight his puppy for a toy! Here is Cade on his play mat. Annie must be outside? Maggie is closely behind Cade, however, she never gets in Cade's play space.

Oh no... here comes Annie! And she has her eye on one of Cade's toys.
In an attempt to try and steal a toy, Annie approaches from another angle. Cade is not happy.
He waves his hands in the air and screams at Annie. These are my toys!! In the end, his Best Buddy Maggie saves the day and steps in. She always has a watchful eye on her buddy Cade.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Its a good thing he is learning how to "share" his toys now. Once he starts at daycare, it can get competitive.
You are just going to love how much he grows from being at daycare. We call it school, because Mady has learned so much from it.

Susan and Lee said...

Oh my gosh. He is so cute. Candice sent me your blog address. She is emailing you mine.

hope you guys are doing good.
Susan