Favorite Quotes

When you look at your life, the greatest happinesses
are family happinesses.
Joyce Brothers


I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me
what I have asked of Him.
I Samuel I:27



Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Bubbles...

So here we are almost 11 months old and I am just now starting this Blog. Why couldn't I have been more up-to-date 11 months ago?? Where is all my free time??? Oh yeah, I don't have any free time. These days any spare time we have is spent with Cade. He's the most amazing little man on earth. Of course Tom and I are biased, but have you met Cade? He has so much personality. He smiles even when he sleeps. Everyday is the "best day ever" when I come home to Cade. Lately, we've been calling him our little "motor boat" because that seems to be his favorite noise to make. Over and Over again... I am starting to dream about motor boats. His other favorite word to repeat over and over again is "Da-Da". "Ma-Ma" lasted about 3 weeks. He seems to have forgotten that word. I think Daddy secretly practices "Da-Da" when I am not around!

To catch you up, Cade was born weighing 5 pounds 1 ounce. He's always been just a tad bit behind on everything. However, he is smart!! And sneaky... oh he is sneaky!!



He's definitely up to something here!!

He is still under weight according to the weight charts. Who needs weight charts, right! It doesn't help that he is the pickiest eater EVER! He loves his fruits and veggies, but he's not a big fan of formula these days. We've had to pretty much force that on him. He is now drinking Milk and LOVES it. I imagine the weight will start packing on now. Luckily he has height on his side. Long and lean...that is what Cade is. I sure wish I was long and lean!! Cade goes to Physical Therapy every Friday at Cook Children's. They are so great with him. Cade is learning to be more "self sufficient" and also work on not standing on his tippy toes. Who knew that was not normal?? Check out Cade starting to crawl!!



But, we see improvement daily and he has so much confidence in himself now he will try almost anything. Scary! One of the things he has discovered in therapy in Bubbles. He LOVES bubbles.


I'll leave with a picture of Cade from Easter since I am behind on updates... The Easter Bunny was good this year!! But then again, so was Cade (smile).

2 comments:

Sara said...

I think walking on tip toes is totally normal. Mady has been doing it since she was walking. She still does at times. Our doctor said it was fine since she was great in all other areas. Its it great how each kid is so different. Mady say's "Whats up Cade. Want to go tip toeing together? Muah!"

Susan and Lee said...

He is adorable. I know you are so proud. I love the dawgs hat and shirt.

Susan