Favorite Quotes

When you look at your life, the greatest happinesses
are family happinesses.
Joyce Brothers


I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me
what I have asked of Him.
I Samuel I:27



Sunday, December 21, 2008

3 days until Christmas!

There are only 3 days left until Santa comes and there is still so much to do.


But, tonight we made MAGIC REINDEER FOOD! We've only made 2 so far (only because I needed them for today!), but we will finish the project by tomorrow and Cade can hand them off to his neighborhood friends. I learned about this tradition from a dear friend
(Thanks Heather!!!). Heather is so crafty!


Ingredients:
Baby food jars (I used mason jars)
Uncooked oatmeal
Sugar
Red and Green Sugar Crystals (some recipes call for glitter, but this is not good for the birds!!)
*Add/Layer ingredients in jar
*Attach poem (below)


MAGIC REINDEER FOOD
Sprinkle on the lawn at night
the moon will make it sparkle bright
As Santa's reindeer fly and roam
this will guide them to your home!!





P.S. We will be sprinkling ours in our FRONT YARD because the last thing we need is for the dogs to eat it all up before the Rudolph and his friends can!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

0 comments: