Favorite Quotes

When you look at your life, the greatest happinesses
are family happinesses.
Joyce Brothers


I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me
what I have asked of Him.
I Samuel I:27



Sunday, June 1, 2008

May Days

So, it's been awhile since I last posted anything. This month has been one of the busiest month's so far this year. First, we celebrated Cade's 1st Birthday with a Pirate Party at Gamma's house. With friends and family there, this was one of the best celebrations we've had. Thank you to all of you who made this day so perfect!

Next, was Hawaii. As Cade's shirt says, "Hawaii or BUST".


Tom, Cade and I (and our Moms!) jetted off to Oahu for 7 days of fun in the sun. What a trip this was! First night there we're all up at 2am because our little kahuna could not adjust to the time change. Here is a picture of Cade playing at 2am in our hotel room.


We went to Pearl Harbor-


The Dole Plantation (yep that's Cade in the "O" of DOLE)


Enjoyed a Luau-


We also enjoyed Waimea Falls, North Shore, Hanauma Bay, Kailua, and the list could go on and on.


I am most excited about our LOST adventure. Yes, we found the set of LOST. We even got LOST finding the set of LOST. Go figure. But there it was...nestled on a VERY quiet beach and a long hot walk in super soft sand. I couldn't believe it! I felt like a kid in a candy store! Too bad they weren't filming!








But the BEST times were spent watching Cade in the water for the 1st time. What a little fish he is! He loved to see the waves break in the ocean and play in the sand. But he really loved the pool.




We had a great time. We miss it already. But, we'll be back one day.


Here's one last picture of Cade's new favorite friends, "Shaka", "Remy", & "Mana". The penguins (all 7 of them) live at the hotel we stayed at - The Hilton Hawaiian Village. Also living at the hotel were Flamingo's, Ibis, Macaws, Koi, and all kinds of interesting birds and flowers. But these guys were Cade's favorite.

3 comments:

Jeni said...

O.M.G. I cannot believe you actually went to the set of LOST!!!! You were actually able to walk right up to the set and walk around it? That shocks me! I am SO jealous. Did you swipe you a can of Dharma Initiative something as a keepsake? Was anyone around guarding the set? Holy cow, that's freakin' cool. Oh yeah, and you look amazing in that purple Hawaiian dress and Cade could not be cuter. SO jealous.

Sara said...

We have the same water floaty as Cade. Mady loves riding in it when we got to Hawaiian Falls, esp down the lazy river. Maybe one of these days we can hang out at the pool and they can float in their floaties together :)

Susan and Lee said...

Those are great. I love the Dole Pic. with Cade. That is really neat you saw the Lost set. That is my favorite show and Sawyer went to high school with me.

Take care,
Susan (cousin from Georgia)