Favorite Quotes

When you look at your life, the greatest happinesses
are family happinesses.
Joyce Brothers


I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me
what I have asked of Him.
I Samuel I:27



Tuesday, June 24, 2008

4 years...

5/26/45 - 6/24/04
Today is the Anniversary of my Father's death. I can't believe it's been 4 years. It seems like yesterday. I still remember the day so clearly. I remember that phone call from my Mom and the fear in her voice. I drove like a speed demon to get to the hospital - all along thinking "Oh God - he's going to be in a coma" or "Oh God - he's going to have to have emergency surgery". I didn't know anything but the fact that he passed out in the front yard and he was unconscious and taken to Arlington Memorial. However, the thought NEVER entered my mind that maybe he was gone? Never. Tom was at the hospital waiting for me when I got there. Thank God for that. Because little did I know that I was about to need him more than ever. As we sat in this empty room, I had no idea what was going on. It's amazing how your mind plays with you. Then, in an instant, I knew. The hospital Chaplain entered the room holding his Bible. He didn't have to say a word. I knew. My Dad was gone. I'd never see him again in my lifetime.





We've made it through the last 4 years. It's been hard. There has been some very good times and there has also been some very bad times. Life is so unpredictable. Since that fateful day, we have lost 2 more immediate family members - Tom's Dad and My Grandmother. But, we have also welcomed 2 new lives into our family - My son, Cade, and my nephew, Trent. It's the circle of life. I think of my Dad every day and I have to have faith that he is with me everyday. I think that is what helps you get by.

I miss you, Dad. You would have spoiled the hell out of your 2 Grandsons.

1 comments:

Susan and Lee said...

I can't believe it's been 4 years. It has been 4 years since Lee's dad passed away. He passed away 2 months before our wedding. I love the old pics. Your dad's face in the first one is funny.