Favorite Quotes

When you look at your life, the greatest happinesses
are family happinesses.
Joyce Brothers


I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me
what I have asked of Him.
I Samuel I:27



Monday, October 27, 2008

BOO at the ZOO

This year we decided to take Cade to "BOO at the ZOO". We dressed him up in his Dragon costume and headed out for an evening of family fun. The Fort Worth Zoo has been hosting this event for 17 years now and is the city's longest-running family friendly fall event held for six wild nights. At 5:30 p.m., the Zoo grounds turn into a haven of happy trails, pumpkin patches and treats at every turn.
Some of the activities included:
*Carnival games
*Professional pumpkin carvings
*Hay maze and hay house
*Treat stations throughout the Zoo
*Play areas for the little ghouls
*More animals than ever before (only until dusk. Some of them might be afraid of the dark!)
October 24 - October 29, 2008 5:30 - 8 p.m.



Cade in his Dragon costume!



Taking it all in...


Cade was so excited we had to hold his hand to slow him down!



We love Dragons!



1st Treat Station of the night!!
Cade was hoping for some good stuff!! :)



Daddy and Cade checking out the yummy treats!




Cade's favorite exhibit...THE PENGUINS!!!


We told Cade this was one of "Mana's Cousins".
(Mana is a penguin in Hawaii that Cade was fascinated by)



This one still haunts me. This is an "Alligator Snapping Turtle".
He is scary!!!



The Zoo had some great pumpkin carving exhibits.
Check out the detail! Cade loved how soft it was!



Finally, our little Dragon fell asleep.
All of the excitement just exhausted him.



See ya next year!!

2 comments:

Sara said...

The smell in he penguin building got to me. I love penguins, but not the smell... glad you had a good time.

Susan and Lee said...

I want to go to that. I am looking right now to see if our zoo does that. My mom got the pumpkin crocs at Walmart. He is wearing them everyday to get good use out of them and Ben will wear them hopefully next year